Firstly, how are you liking the new colour scheme for 'Shopaholics Anonymous'? Just in time for Valentines Day...ooh la la!
Just a quick question for you...
Do you want the gorgeous skin you’ve always dreamt of? My Safe Summer Skincare Regimen will help you achieve subtle skin this season.
Follow the instructions carefully and enjoy wonderful results.
Step one - 'Timing is everything'.One of the best things you can do is cover up. The sun's rays are most intense between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Stay indoors during this time, or if you must be outdoors, cover up and wear sunscreen.
Step two - Avoid sunbathing. Doctors can't say it enough: There is no such thing as a "healthy tan." But while sunbathing is a no-no for everyone, it's an especially bad idea for fair-skinned people. Many of them can't tan anyway and only risk getting a serious burn. Stick with the spray tan ladies!
Step three - Take care on cool, cloudy days. Damaging rays aren't inhibited by clouds, and you can still get burned because ultraviolet light can penetrate cloud cover. Take precautions even when the sun isn't shining brightly.
Step four - Sunscreen 101. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends wearing sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15. Be sure to spread it on thick enough: Applying only a thin coating of a sunscreen can reduce the effectiveness of the product by as much as 50 percent. Waterproof sunscreen is best if you'll be swimming. Don't forget to re apply!
Is there a correct way to apply sunscreen?
Yes! In fact, your sunscreen will only work if you apply it correctly. Here’s how:
- Slather on sunscreen before putting on your swimsuit or clothes, so your skin has a chance to absorb the product. Plus, you’ll be less likely to miss spots. Don’t forget to protect your ears, eyelids, lips, the back of your hands and the tops of your feet!
- Put on a thick layer of sunscreen. Don’t skimp! A shot glass full will protect your entire body. A pea-sized amount will do for your face.
- Give your skin time to absorb your sunscreen. Put it on at least 30 minutes before you expose yourself to the sun.
- Reapply every two hours, even if the bottle says it’s water resistant. No sunscreen is ever 100% waterproof, especially if you’ve been swimming or perspiring heavily.
- Play it safe. It’s still best to avoid the sun between 10 AM to 4 PM. If you’re out under the sun and feel your skin getting hot, seek shade at once.
That's about all for today. I hope you learnt some relevant information.
Have a great day!
Do you have any plans for the Summer holidays? If so, what are you getting up to?
Stay pretty xx
Follow me on Twitter @ Shopaholics Anonymous