A beautiful smile immediately draws attention to the face, and the first thing that you notice are a pair of luscious lips. But, no matter how full and shapely your lips may be, if they are dry and chapped it can easily spoil your overall look. Your lips need regular care and attention to maintain a 'pouty' look. Let's see how you can achieve this!
Today, I will introduce my five essential tips to help you get plump and supple lips. They are as followed:
1. Always carry a moisturising lip balm with you. In addition to forming a moisture seal on your lips with petrolatum, beeswax, or oil, a good lip balm will nourish your skin with vitamin E, jojoba oil, or whatever else you find most effective for your skin. My personal favourite is the Maybelline 'Baby Lips' lip balm - Anti-Oxidant Berry.
2. Avoid licking your lips. Saliva dries out your lips, especially since licking your lips is a quick way to remove both lip balm.
3. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is a great way to keep your lips moist. It will also benefit the rest of your skin.
4. Exfoliate your lips. Mix a tablespoon of honey with enough sugar until you get a body-scrub-like texture, the scrub it across your lips with a toothbrush. Exfoliating will leave them smoother and make them look healthier.
5. Top secret - my secret remedy: Mix olive oil and vaseline and apply it on lips two times in a day (morning & night). This will help moisturise and restore your lips during the day and while your sleeping. Try this remedy on your eyelashes too...you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
YouTube beauty guru, Michelle Phan, has a great video explaining how to fix your favourite lippie.